Commercial Lead Eastern US – job description
Work directly with associates in the Eastern US to grow TriCal royalty business and achieve business objectives.
Royalty Sales and Service
• Develop trusted relationship with assigned associate-customers to earn preferred genetics supplier status through frequent, proactive associate contact.
• Become triticale expert and educate customers how to properly position triticale as a superior forage.
• Work with associates on business plans including promotion, product management, and supply planning.
• Effective time and workload management.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Develop associate level business plans to exceed Eastern US financial goals.
• Manage associate network in Eastern US- prospects, terminations, etc.
• Accurately identify and forecast product needs of customers and coordinate inventory between associates to meet customer demand.
• Develop TriCal branding by participating in trade shows, field days, community events, and other activities that promote TriCal.
• Understand the value proposition of TriCal forage vs. alternatives effectively communicate that information to growers.
• Drive market development activities with associates, including testimonials, stand evaluations, pre-harvest evaluations.
• Learn the features and benefits of the products to correctly position the best product on the acre for the growers to maximize their profit.
• Contribute meaningful, collaborative input on strategy regarding, pricing, private labeling, branding, budgeting etc.
• Travel 10-15 days per month on average throughout the Eastern US to help develop new associates in new triticale markets
Desired Skills and Experience
• BS in Agronomy / Crop Production or equivalent experience
• Minimum 10 year work experience or an industry internship
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Microsoft Office or equivalent software knowledge.
• CCA preferred, or commitment to work toward CCA
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• Required overnight travel and late evenings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, but not all inclusive:
Phone communication with co-workers Daily
Sitting At Desk Frequently
Driving to visit customers Frequently
Typing Type & enter data into computer Frequently
Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. Occasionally
Standing Presentations and walking field inspections Occasionally
1. Base Salary: commensurate with experience
2. Bonus opportunity for outstanding performance
3. Company vehicle for company travel or mileage reimbursement TBD
4. Company health benefits plus 401K program
5. Vacation time
6. Cell phone allowance
7. Company computer
About this company
Northern Agri-Brands, LLC is committed to developing, testing and marketing superior genetics for Triticale forage in North America.